Los Angeles – the entertainment capital of the world – is a sprawling, laid-back and sunny city. Unquestionably, the Hollywood Blvd/Walk of Fame, snazzy clubs, and upscale shopping malls are its biggest draw, but they can also cost you a fortune. However, there is a low-cost way to make the most of your vacation in Los Angeles as well. So find your cheap flights to Los Angeles and read on our tips to have a gala time in Los Angeles without breaking the bank.
Stay in LA for Cheap
You may end up using most of yous money to pay for airfare to Los Angeles and then for accommodation. While the former can be found with low-cost airlines to Los Angeles, you will have to take care of a few things for the latter.
- Avoid traveling to the city when it hosts big events such as marathons, award shows, parades, etc.
- Book hostels, refurbished motels, or boutique hotels instead of international hotel chains.
- Check if you can find a free parking or complimentary breakfast.
Dine cheap in LA
If you have scored cheap fares to Los Angeles and cheap Los Angeles accommodations, the next thing you need to take care of is dining. The price of some common dishes in upscale LA restaurants may also take you in for a surprise. However, there are ways through which you can save a small fortune on dining.
- Buy combo deals from food trucks.
- Drink out during happy hours.
- Spot and order Sushi, Mexican, deli and dishes with avocado.
- Cook your own breakfast and snacks.
- Shop from farmer’s market where you get fresh food at great prices.
Commute in LA for cheap
Take subway, light rail, buses, and shuttles to avoid being stuck in traffic. Also, with these modes of transportations you can avoid paying parking charges. Commuting with daily passes is a commendable way of saving money on transportation in LA.
Cheap shopping spots in LA
Beverly Center and Grove are spellbinding. But don’t let the magnificence trap you. Moreover, you would not like to spare an insane amount of money for parking your car. Here, we have listed some venues that you will absolutely love.
- Melrose in LA is a haven for shopaholics. Street parking is free and convenient, and the markets here have nominal entree fee.
- Melrose Trading Post is where you can find great souvenirs, clothes, and more at dirt cheap prices. Don’t refrain from using your bargaining skills.
- The eastern edge of Melrose has arrays of clothing stores. Find your popular trending dresses without shelling out a lot of money. Also, grab LA’s best Tomato Pie Pizza in just a couple of dollars.
Free activities in LA
Los Angeles features a wide range of attractions and activities for free. We have listed a few of them.
FIDM Museum & Gallery – Check out dresses, accessories, and a selection of objects.
The Annenberg Space for Photography – A cultural center with a focus on the art of photography.
Griffith Park – Get to the closest point to the Hollywood Sign at this park.
Runyon Canyon – For panoramic views of the city and free yoga classes.
Santa Monica Beach – Camp by the gorgeous beach.
Los Angeles is too big a city to be explored in one trip and to be mentioned in one article. So explore and savor as much as you can while you are here. Start preparing for your vacations well in advance so that you can find the best accommodations and the best flights to Los Angeles in your budget.