One of the first things that crosses your mind when you are travelling abroad is your cellular data solutions. You definitely want to keep in touch with your loved ones back home, whether you are on a fun holiday or on a business trip. Also, if you are travelling on work, you would want to keep in touch with your associates and business contacts. Choosing the best international roaming sim card becomes imperative. So, what should you consider while choosing an international sim card? Read on.
- The duration of your stay plays a major role when you are choosing an international sim card. Are you going to be in the destination for a week, ten days, a fortnight or a month? Choose the best international sim card based on the duration of your stay. Also, if you are travelling to multiple countries, say within Europe, you may need to pick a sim card that covers all the countries.
- The data plan is another major, if not, the most important aspect. Choosing a data plan depends on how you use your smart phone. Do you make a lot of calls or do you use data? Do you need to share important documents, pictures or presentations? Is voice (talk time) more important or data for your needs? Depending on this, you would need to pick the best international roaming sim card for your needs.
- While choosing the best international roaming sim card, you should also consider the ease of getting one. Choose a solutions provider that helps you with a pre-activated sim card before you leave for the destination. That way, you don't have to land at the destination and then start looking for plans that suit you best. Why would you want to spend precious time upon landing on doing your research about which data plan and which provider to pick? Instead, choose a solutions provider who offers a data plan while you are in India. All you need to do is activate the sim on the day of your journey.
- Talking about the ease of getting yourself an international sim card, one has to mention that there are solutions providers who let you buy one online. All you have to do is upload some basic documents, and have the sim card home-delivered. Short of time? Then, there is also an express delivery option where you get your sim card home delivered in six hours. This is useful if you have a sudden trip coming up. ¥ The budget is another aspect to consider. Choose a plan where incoming calls are free, and tariffs are low. Also, check if there are any hidden charges.
- Any talk of data should also include speed. Check what your internet connectivity is like. How much data can you consume at 3G/4G speeds is a question you would need to ask. Choose the best plan after considering all these aspects and have a holiday that is hassle-free.