Bhubaneshwar is a place of diversity and rich culture. The city of temples is well known for its hand-made artefacts and pieces of sculpture. Have you ever wondered what to buy when you are in the city? Well, follow this blog to find out! People living there make beautiful and exquisite decorative items without using any machinery. You could also buy fascinating fabrics and curious. Cheap hotels in Bhubaneshwar will ensure you stick to your budget while you make some purchases that will be a remembrance for your entire life. Let’s look in detail about these items:
6 Homemade Items That City Tourist Should Buy in Odisha
- Homegrown fabrics: Tussar silk and Sambalpuri silk are one of the most famous fabrics found here. Cotton Sarees of Odisha can be chosen from a wide variety of shops here. Applique worked fabric, which is very popular in the state; known locally as Chandua, can be purchased widely in the form of readymade garments.
- Metal jewellery: Metal items in the form of home decors are very popular in Bhubaneshwar. They are stylish and spectacular. Variety of metal ware is available across the country. Most popular among them is known as Dhokra, metal figurines which are made by using distinct metal and a unique design.
- Wooden items: There are numerous handicraft items that are specialized only in Odisha. They are of a unique design that depicts their culture. Vanity boxes, lamp shades, fruit baskets are some of the decorative items that you can purchase here.
- Stone sculptures: Odisha’s stone sculptures of gods and goddesses are famous even these days. Their style of culture portrays their culture and their beliefs in Hinduism. There are numerous shops in Bhubaneshwar where you can find the stone statues of various sizes of the Hindu deities as well as Lord Buddha. You can also place an order if you would like to customize your idol.
- Local paintings: Traditional paintings in Odisha are really something to give attention to. Patachitra, Ganjapas and other paintings were done of palm leaf with etching are some of the fine examples of the culture of art here. They can help you decorate your house and give it an aesthetic beyond imagination. Your guests are sure to wow at these pieces of work. In fact, you can find these paintings in any hotels in Bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
- Seashells: Seashells are a perfect gift for someone close to your heart. The coastal lines of the state specialize in customized seashell items such as mirrors, lamp shades, hanging decors, jewellery boxes, trays, etc. You can purchase these as an awesome example of handiworks in Bhubaneshwar.
Therefore, now you know what to buy as souvenirs when you are in Odisha; especially Bhubaneshwar. Some are utility items and some are for a decorative purpose. But rest assured, you won’t be disappointed with your purchases.