All these destinations are the pieces of magnificent history and heritage of the country. The Indian royalty can be experienced in true sense by the travellers planning for a journey with Maharaja's Express. Well-appointed with unique facilities, this luxury train brings unsurpassed comforts for its guests.
Started in March 2010 and managed by Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation, the Maharaja Express offers 5 wonderful journeys that includes special meals at royal residencies, shopping, sightseeing and cultural performances.
Dining in Maharaja
Anyone who steps into this lavish train, experiences dining like kings and queens arranged in two luxurious coaches. Mayur Mahal and Rang Mahal are the two restaurants of the train. The cutlery is designed with monogram of the train and the plates are fine Limoges with gold edges. Swaroski glasses with hand-cut stones often attracts the tourists. As far as food is concerned, the variety of cuisines is endless.
Awards Won by Maharaja Express
This luxury train has been voted as the Leading Luxury Train in the World for four years consecutively. At the same time, it has also won wide range of rewards and honours right from the year of its commencement. The most recent award won by this train is “Luxury Hospitality and Life Style Award at the Seven Stars 2015. At Conde Nast Traveler Readers'Travel Award 2011, it was the 1st runner up too in the category of Specialist Train Operators Category. In 2010, it was the Best Luxury Train at CNBC Awaaz Travel Award.
Apart from the 5-star living experience this train brings for you, there are certain really interesting facts about The Maharaja Express:
- It is the most luxurious and most expensive train in Asia.
- It has been leading in the Top 25 Trains in the World by The Society of International Railway Travellers.
- The 7 nights-8 Days voyage of this train starts on every Wednesday.
- In all, 5 wonderful circuits are covered by this train with 12 popular stopovers in India, Maharaja Express Delhi being one of them.
- The train comprises of 23 bogies that provide luxury accommodations along with restaurants, bars and parlour. In addition to these, these bogies are equipped with store autos and generator too.
- The journeys by Maharaja Express brings exciting experiences of Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri in Agra, World's heritage structure Ajanta Elllora, erotic Khajurao temples, wildlife of Ranthambore, Elephant Polo Match in Jaipur, early morning Arti at Varanasi and much more.
- For Maharaja Express, Delhi or Mumbai is the starting and ending station. This is because both of these cities are metropolitans and offer great connectivity from worldwide through various means of transportation.
Adding to the comfort of travellers are the facilities like choice of double or twin bedding, complimentary toiletries in attached bathrooms, Wi-Fi, electronic safe, LCD TV with satellite connection, international calling though Direct dial telephone and much more.