Boating is a fun and exciting activity, especially during summer and if you have the best sportfishing yachts. It’s one of those true pleasures in life that helps us unwind from the day-to-day stress of work and gives us that perfect chance to just relax and enjoy that breath of fresh air.
But before you enjoy a great afternoon of cruising, wakeboarding, or sailing, every boater should be aware of the importance of proper sun protection. The sun’s direct rays and the reflection from the water and deck of the boat can cause sunburns, premature aging, eye damage and other serious medical problems especially to those who have sensitive skin, so taking care of your skin is essential.
Here are some of the skin protection tips and techniques you can do to protect your skin from the scorching heat of the sun while boating:
- Choose a sunscreen that blocks UVA and UVB rays and has at least 30 SPF rating. Those that are marked as sweatproof or waterproof can also be a good choice as they provide more protection. Wait for the sunscreen to dry, which take about 10 to 15 minutes, before going out in the sun or on the water.
- Sunglasses on water is more than a fashion accessory. They’re considered as a safety equipment. So always remember to bring your sunglasses to protect your eyes from the wind. It helps protect your eyes from overexposure to the sun and have better sight when fishing.
- Go beyond applying sunscreen and double your protection by wearing wide-brimmed hats, loose-fitting clothes, made from UV-resistant technical fabrics if possible, and if you’re taking your sportfishing yacht, choose fingerless gloves which provides protection and sensitivity when you go fishing.
- For sensitive lips, use lip moisturizer with sunscreen that has lower SPF.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. It does not only prevent your skin from becoming dried out but also reduces the harm sunburn. Be sure to bring lots of water on board and chiller for storage.
- Mornings and evenings are the best times to go out on the water because these are the times when the sun is less powerful. This is one smart fishing practice that boaters do especially during summer time.
Take time to protect yourself and your family from the sun exposure so that your boating trip can be much fun and hassle-free.
If you’re looking for the best sportfishing yacht and yachts for sale in Dubai, Gulf Craft’s Oryx Yachts is a good choice. Check their line of highly innovative and high-performance sportfishing yachts and cruiser here: http://www.oryx-yachts.com/.